“Zonguldak Karaelmas University” and “Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences” were established on July 11th, 1992. However, the title of the University was changed as Bulent Ecevit University on April 11th, 2012.
Since 1993, “Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences” has graduate programs both in MSc and in PhD level. As of 2013, the School offers graduate studies to potential students in 11 MSc and 10 PhD programs of the following 11 divisions of two faculties at the University.
Faculty of Arts and Sciences:
- Biology (MSc-PhD)
- Chemistry (MSc-PhD)
- Mathematics (MSc-PhD)
- Physics (MSc-PhD)
Faculty of Engineering:
- Civil Engineering (MSc-Joint PhD)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (MSc-PhD)
- Environmental Engineering (MSc-PhD)
- Geodesy and Photogrammetry Engineering (MSc-PhD)
- Geological Engineering (Joint MSc)
- Mechanical Engineering (MSc-Joint PhD)
- Mining Engineering (MSc-PhD)